Happy Monday everyone!
Spring has finally sprung and Easter is just a few weeks away! I always feel so energized this time of year (after what feels like an eternal winter), I get in this mood where all I want to do is clean, organize, and get creative with fun projects. Baking always seems to be one of the things I turn to when I’m feeling this way, so yesterday I had fun making these cute little birds nest cupcakes I saw on Pinterest.
Whether you’re in need of a dessert to bring to Easter dinner, or you just feel like making something fun an simple, these cupcakes are totally for you! I saw the idea on Pinterest and thought it was too cute not to try myself, and it was surprisingly easy.
What I Used:
- Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Mini Eggs ( I chose the ‘Our Finest’ brand because they have the little speckles on them!)
- Spring-y cupcake trays
- After I baked the cupcakes I whipped up some vanilla icing with green food colouring, and chocolate icing, making sure they were extra thick so they would keep their shape
- I put the green icing in a pasty bag and attached a small star tip, I did the ‘grass’ on all of my cupcakes before starting the nests
- Next I put the chocolate icing in a freezer bag and cut a small hole in the corner to use for the nests, swirling it around in ‘messy’ circles to make it look like little branches
- After that I just filled the little nests with mini eggs, and topped some of the cupcakes with peeps, to add a bit of variety
And thats all there was to it, A super fun and easy cupcake idea for any spring time occasion!