It’s finally fall but the temps here are still feeling like summer, so I’ve opted for a ‘fall’ outfit that works for both seasons lol! The skirt I’m wearing is from Banana Republic but its about a year old so I’ve linked some other options that would work perfectly for re-creating this type of look. You can literally never go wrong with a classic black and while polk-a-dot piece in your wardrobe…I have quite a few polk-a-dot pieces in my wardrobe because they work for any season and never go out of style!
OH, and this scarf is the same one I mentioned a few posts back (here) but in the camel colour. Its extra soft and so big it could easily double as a throw for on your bed, which makes it the dreamiest scarf for fall ever!
Hey guys, happy first weekend of FALL! ….I have been waiting all year to say that(LOL #obsessed)
Sorry I’ve been MIA for a few weeks, I took some time off from social media just to get re-focused and excited about it again. But I’m back and excited to share some ~Fall~ looks with you guys! Todays outfit is one of my favs, I mean…how cute is this camo skirt!? I’m in love!
I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far, the weather has been beautiful here so I’ve been doing a lot of hiking with my sister these past few days. We love taking in all the stages of the changing leaves, they’re just starting to turn colour here so I want to try and go for a hike every weekend of fall so I don’t miss any of it!
Peter and I are home from our little vacation and back on the work grind this morning. I planned for this post to go up on Monday but I wasn’t able to find any Wifi where we stayed, I even went into town to see if I could find any coffee shops or restaurants with Wifi but no such luck! We ended up in a very small cottage country town, with not much around besides a Home Hardware (that served ice cream!) and a Chip Wagon on the side of the road.
So today is the day I get to share this cute wrap top from Banana Republic that I picked up a couple weeks ago! I wore it to grab ice cream in “town” on Sunday afternoon and it was perfect. The weather was hot and windy so I’m glad I opted for a light weight sleeveless top, I also bought it in another pattern as well that I’ll be putting up on the blog soon. I love that they’re so easy to dress up or down, throw a blazer over it and wear with dress pants to an office, or pair with jeans like I did here for a lunch date or trip to the mall!
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Peter and I are headed up north this Friday for a mini vacation, so as I was packing I thought I would share my beach bag essentials with you guys. I found a few new products earlier this summer that I’ve been loving so far and thought you might want to check them out as well. Also – since the #Nsale is still going strong I’m going to try and link as many of my favourite beach bag essentials that are currently included in the sale in the widgets below!
1. I’m sure everyones number one essentials are a bathing suit and towel. My bathing suit is a couple years old from Victorias Secret and my towel is a Home Sense find but I’m linking some cute sale options for you guys. When buying a beach towel I always try to find the biggest one around but also one that is not too thick, you want to extra room so it can double as a beach blanket but you want it on the thinner side so it dries fast! There’s nothing worse then a soaking wet towel when your at the beach!
2. Next up is UV protection: I’m currently using this sunscreen and this SPF lip balm to protect my skin. I have very fair skin and tend to burn easily so its deffinitly a must! I starting adding the lip balm into my routine last year when I was constantly getting really dry burnt lips after weekends in the sun and now I never have that problem!
3. I alway bring a book, magazine, floaties and some head phones to the beach to keep myself entertained. I just received this floatie from a brand and I’m packing it this weekend so I can lounge on it while floating around the lake. This book is what I’m currently reading and I’m packing it as well for when I’m tanning on the beach!
4. When I go to the beach I like to bring a simple inexpensive pair of flip flops that I don’t mind getting wet, sandy, and dirty. Every year before I go up north I usually stop in at Old Navy and pick up this pair of their all black foam flip flops, they aren’t the cutest but they are perfect for the beach and showers. The foam dries fast, wipes off like a breeze, and I get to save my cuter more expensive sandals from all the abuse!
5. A good pair of sunnies is a must at the beach, and again I like to bring a pair that isn’t so expensive incase they get scratched up in the sand, or lost(I’m the worst for losing sunglasses!). I currently have a BP. pair almost the same as this pair and love them because they are still cute and trendy but cost less then $20!
6. I don’t like the feeling of sand stuck to my skin after I’ve left beach so I always keep body wash, exfoliator (ironic, I know), moisturizer and aloe lotion in my beach bag. I’m loving the BABW ‘at the beach’ collection right now because it smells amazinggg and is super refreshing, but if you want to take advantage of some #Nsale deals I’ve linked a few other options below.
What are your must have essentials for the beach? Am I missing anything? Let me know in the comments!