Top / Similar Skirt / Heels / Bag – Banana Republic / Necklace / Watch / Bracelets here and here / Earrings
Good morning everyone!
The weather yesterday was perfection, so I was actually able to wear a skirt for the first time in 6 months (exciting!!). I was going for a Easter inspired look for today’s post and thought this bright blue off-the-shoulder top would be perfect for it. I wanted to avoid pairing it with pants since the weather was nice, so I went with my button up skirt, and threw on my favorite cognac heels to keep the look light. As for my accessories, I thought I would incorporate all the items that you have a chance to win in this weeks giveaway (starting Wednesday!!). I’m giving away the bag, the same cluster cuff bracelet, and this exact shade of MAC lipstick I’m wearing in today’s post, as a thank you for following along.
Also, I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who entered my stationary giveaway on Instagram this past weekend, you guys are the best<3 The winner will be announced soon!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Monday everyone!
Spring has finally sprung and Easter is just a few weeks away! I always feel so energized this time of year (after what feels like an eternal winter), I get in this mood where all I want to do is clean, organize, and get creative with fun projects. Baking always seems to be one of the things I turn to when I’m feeling this way, so yesterday I had fun making these cute little birds nest cupcakes I saw on Pinterest.
Whether you’re in need of a dessert to bring to Easter dinner, or you just feel like making something fun an simple, these cupcakes are totally for you! I saw the idea on Pinterest and thought it was too cute not to try myself, and it was surprisingly easy.
What I Used:
- Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Mini Eggs ( I chose the ‘Our Finest’ brand because they have the little speckles on them!)
- Spring-y cupcake trays
- After I baked the cupcakes I whipped up some vanilla icing with green food colouring, and chocolate icing, making sure they were extra thick so they would keep their shape
- I put the green icing in a pasty bag and attached a small star tip, I did the ‘grass’ on all of my cupcakes before starting the nests
- Next I put the chocolate icing in a freezer bag and cut a small hole in the corner to use for the nests, swirling it around in ‘messy’ circles to make it look like little branches
- After that I just filled the little nests with mini eggs, and topped some of the cupcakes with peeps, to add a bit of variety
And thats all there was to it, A super fun and easy cupcake idea for any spring time occasion!
I can’t believe Easter is next weekend already, I feel like this month has flown by!
So here’s a little outfit inspiration for your upcoming Easter brunch <3
Shirt – here / Another cute option here / Pants – here / Shoes – here / Clutch – here / Necklace – here /
I am loving all the pastels and lace popping up in stores for the spring! They are so versatile and feminine, which is exactly what I want in a spring wardrobe.
On another note, Peter and I are headed to Blue Mountain this weekend for a snowboarding trip with friends! I’m excited, but slightly sad that I’m going to be bundled up in winter clothes again. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to get my winter boots out again…but what can you do! I need to take advantage of every snowboarding opportunity I can because I need to get more comfortable with it, I still fall a lot(Oops!).
Anyways, thanks for reading! 🙂